As described in the
README file, FS2 is based mostly on
catslibrary provides definitions for the typeclasses
- FS2 also uses the data type
cats-coremodule. This data structure implements an ordered list-like sequence as a catenable list, which allows for efficient insertion at both ends. This data type was originally developed in
fs2, where it was called
cats-effectlibrary extends the typeclasses from
catswith other more specialised typeclasses, which describe effectful computations. These type-classes cover resource bracketing, concurrency, asynchronicity, input-output, timing, and interruption.
- FS2 also uses from
cats-effectseveral data structures used for communicating and coordinating concurrent processes, such as semaphores, deferred values, atomic references. Some of these types were first developed as part of the internal implementation of FS2, but then moved to
- From scodec-bits, FS2 uses the
ByteVectordata type to implement bytevector chunks. This is relevant for efficiently processing streams of binary data.
Libraries using FS2, and integrations with data stores
If you have a project you’d like to include in this list, either open a PR or let us know in the gitter channel and we’ll add a link to it here.
- circe-fs2: Streaming JSON manipulation with circe.
- doobie: Pure functional JDBC built on fs2.
- fs2-aws: FS2 streams to interact with AWS utilities
- fs2-blobstore: Minimal, idiomatic, stream-based Scala interface for key/value store implementations.
- fs2-cassandra: Cassandra bindings for fs2.
- fs2-columns: a
Chunkthat uses shapeless to store
case classdata column-wise.
- fs2-cron: FS2 streams based on cron expressions.
- fs2-crypto: TLS support for fs2.
- fs2-elastic: Simple client for Elasticsearch.
- fs2-grpc: gRPC implementation for FS2 / Cats Effect.
- fs2-http: Http server and client library implemented in fs2.
- fs2-jms: Connectors of the Java Messaging Service (JMS) connectors for FS2 streams
- fs2-kafka: Simple client for Apache Kafka.
- fs2-mail: Fully asynchronous java non-blocking email client using fs2.
- fs2-rabbit: RabbitMQ stream-based client built on top of Fs2.
- fs2-reactive-streams: A reactive streams implementation for fs2.
- fs2-redis: Redis stream-based client built on top of Fs2 / Cats Effect.
- fs2-zk: Simple Apache Zookeeper bindings for fs2.
- http4s: Minimal, idiomatic Scala interface for HTTP services using fs2.
- mongosaur: fs2-based MongoDB driver.
- scarctic: fs2-based driver for MAN/AHL’s Arctic data store.
- scodec-protocols: A library for working with libpcap files. Contains many interesting pipes (e.g., working with time series and playing back streams at various rates).
- scodec-stream: A library for streaming binary decoding and encoding, built using fs2 and scodec.
- streamz: A library that supports the conversion of Akka Stream
Sinks to and from FS2
Sinks, respectively. It also supports the usage of Apache Camel endpoints in FS2
Streams and Akka Stream
- upperbound: A purely functional, interval-based rate limiter with support for backpressure.